Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dark Demon


I have all of Kresley Cole's books read and some reread and I will post them soon I promise. But today lets talk about Carpathians. I have really enjoyed Christine Feehans Dark Series. Her second book is on my top 25 list for best books ever!!! I started this series in order, then when I have not been able to find a book at my local book store I started to jump around.

I have seen on some boards that this series has 'fallen out of favor' but until Dark Demon I did not understand it. Now I think I do.

This book seemed to spend the first half talking about wounds that needed to be healed. Or the heroine was fighting herself against her own nature. Natalya is part Carpathian after all. I did like Vik (for the two pages that he was not wounded and bleeding) * sarcasm* I thought he was funny and he seemed to be able to accept Natalya's warrior woman ways.

The last Carpathian book I read was Dark Celebration which is a few books after this one in the series. In it I did not understand the Gabrielle/Gary storyline but dark Demon explained it. It also opened the door to Natalya's brother and I am very intrigued by this story line. VERY INTRIGUED and between the Gabrielle/Gary and the mage stories I will continue to read the dark series.

I am giving this book a C grade. I will probably never pick this book up again to read it. I just did not enjoy the plot or the characters, but it was a book that built new story lines in the series and kept me interested in the journey of the Carpathians even if I did not enjoy the plot in this book.

No comments: