Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dark Lover


I was at Walden books picking up my disappointment of Dark Demon and the woman behind the counter saw what I had in my hand and recommended a new author and a new series (new to me). JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I only planned to buy one book, but she was so adamant about this series that I bought it. She gave me the first book in the series. I have seen this series talked and reviewed on some boards and some blogs, but it took me a while to pick up the book and read it. I finally picked it up Tuesday and I read it all on one sitting. It was fabulous! I immediately went out and bought the next two books which I have since read and I am now on my fourth...

I really liked the brotherhood. Wrath the hero was strong yet emotionally vulnerable to Beth and the author did a wonderful job with him as he explored his growing feelings for her. I liked how Beth was able to take care of herself but was not opposed to the help Wrath offered. He is king, yet he feels unworthy and insecure. Strong and masculine, yet clumsy and unsure. He loves his brothers but at times does not know what to say to them. I loved the contrasts and contradictions that built this character. I will be reading this one over and over...

We also had the chance to meet the rest of the brotherhood. And many of them are flawed and hurting. Just what I like in a hero. But I have a favorite. Yes, Z or Zsadist. His book is #3 and you will have to wait for my review of him. SIGH

I highly recommend this series. Buy it and do not wait a week to read it!

No comments: