Sunday, June 15, 2008

Walk on the Wild Side

I have been waiting and waiting for another Warren novel on 'the others' for some time. I loved her first few books and the characters involved.

Kitty (actually very funny) does not know she is a shifter until after a car accident she shifts to escape the fire and sits on her little tabby haunches. This was actually the preview a few months ago that had me ready for it. But honestly that was the best part of the book. Kitty goes to meet her father and falls in love with Max. Some good physical action and a man that falls hard but I felt that the humor in her previous books were missing. Also, I found Kitty doing some of those stupid heroine things AKA no silly co-ed do not go down to the basement alone when all the lights are out and all your little friends have been killed by a psycho ghost. Yeah Kitty did a little of that. Which always makes me want to throw my book to the floor and watch it go skidding along.

This book gets points for 1. a hot sexy hero that is sensitive, alpha, and admits his feelings 2. a good plot and 3 new characters. However it gets a demerit for a heroine that at times displays TSTL tendencies and not as much humor as her previous books. A definite B book. Worth the read but may be a DNK unless you are like me and keep all books in a series.

On a side note.. isn't the cover neat! In person the eyes are glassy and reflect just like a real cats eye.

* TSTL (too stupid to live)
* DNK (Do Not Keep)

No comments: