Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dark Desires After Dusk

OK I did it. I wanted to purchase the first books in Kresley Cole's series but instead I went ahead and bought the NEXT book. It was VERY good. In Dark Needs at Nights Edge we were introduced to Cade a rage demon. This book was his story. To my sorrow, Cade was not at all crazy like Conrad but still a little off, hey he is a RAGE DEMON for crying out loud.

One of the things I like about this author so far, her heroines are not weak little pieces of fluff that need to be saved. They are strong smart woman who make their own choices and do not fall down on their three inch spike stilettos. In this book Holly is transformed into a Valkyrie and slowly lets go of her tightly held emotions and desires to fall in love with Cade. As usual, Cade does not communicate with his female half (he actually has a valid excuse but we can still shake our heads and say 'silly man') and looses her only to win her back at the end. If there was anything that I would have liked to see different in this book it would have been that woo factor. It felt a little rushed and contrived to me,

However the world that the author built, her character development and plot made up for any rushing at the end! I look forward to her next book and maybe just maybe I will get the the first in this line at some time.

1 comment:

Shikibu said...

I loved Cade when he appeared in Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. You have to read the previous stories asap!