Saturday, May 17, 2008

Is it bad to like the slightly crazy heros?


AHHH another tortured soul! Another hero that is just over the line from sane into crazytown. In Dark Needs at Night's Edge, Conrad is that hero that is just a little off. I am not sure why I like these heroes? Does it say something about me if I relate to them. No I am not hearing voices or seeing memories like Conrad but the desperation and conviction of these off kilter guys endear them. Like Julian in Dark Desire or Zareck in Dance with the Devil this man had me on the second page of the first chapter when he is telling himself "Stay sane... act normal." How can you not fall just a little in love with a character that needs to remind himself be rational?

I enjoyed this book. This is the first book I have read by this author, a recommendation from another review site, and I am so glad I picked it up. It is, again, middle of a series, but that is par for the course with me.

I loved the world Kresley Cole has made full of vampires, witches, werewolfs, demons and more. In this book her heroine May was strong and sexy and she was refreshing because she did not act wacky, hair brained or foolish even once during the story.

I am going to go out and find the first few books in this series and I may even pick up some of her other romance books while I am at it.

No comments: