Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lover Eternal

After I read Dark Lover I ran out the next day and bought the next two books in this series. The second book was Rhage's story. A troubled vampire (but they are all troubled right?) that falls in love with Mary a (gasp) human. The third was Zsadists story. He is going to be one of my favorite heros of this series if not my favorite. This story also introduces us to other characters that will have their own stories and weave in and out of the next books.

Lover Eternal: Grade A- This book had a totally different feeling then the first book. It was not a stand alone H/H with a HEA. The first book was definitely the standard HEA that you see in many romance books. I was not expecting the change and when I first read it, I gave it a much lower grade b/c it was different from the first and a surprise. However, after reading the rest of the series TWICE I have since changed my opinion!

In this book, the hero hears the voice of his love and starts doing the hero things that hero's do. However Rhage and the vampires in this book bond to their mates differently than other author's vampires. One scene that sticks with me is his bonding while feeding Mary (heroine) his food. Can I get an AWWWW on that ladies?

All in all, Rhage and Mary had a nice love story but just a love story. What made this series so darn good, and my rating of this book higher, was the interaction between the characters. I really enjoy the bonding between the brothers in this series. Rhage's ability to lighten a situation where he is going to be hurt with laughter shows the reader that the brothers are true family. While the heroine was nice, strong and smart she did not engage me as much as the brothers in the story. This book also introduced the only character that can take Zsadists place as my favorite. His name is John and we will have to wait for the rest of his story...

Lover Awakened Grade A : Zsadist. The brother that you THINK has all the problems. I knew I was going to like this book. I do fancy the crazy heros. And I liked the Heroine as well. Zsadist is a tortured soul, the brother that can not show his feelings (did he really have any) and can not stand to be touched. The brother that has had such horror in his life that he is as scared on the inside as the outside. Yet biology or fate draws him to his mate Bella.

Bella is a strong vampire in her own right. She enjoys making her captures cry and shows bravery and selflessness (wow that was a lot of s's) helping another escape.

My favorite scene was the one where Zsadist hugs his twin have a meeting of the hearts and for the first time Zsadist hugs his brother. Bella finds them asleep in bed back to back as she imagined they must have been in their mothers womb.

Zsadist is not as crazy as I thought he was going to be, he was damaged and fought himself but in the end love won out.

Keep checking back for Butch's and V's reviews.

No comments: