Monday, April 21, 2008

Dance With The Devil

Is there a character you can dislike before his own story comes out then change your mind about? If so that is Zarek. From the start of the book, the helicopter ride and Sunshines bowl Zarek starts to grow on you. His vulnerability tugs at your heart strings and yet you want to shake him for being stubborn.

His banter with Sasha, his friendship with Jess and his carvings all endear him to the reader. Zarek is not a character I like, but he has many levels and makes for an interesting read. I like this book because it continues to peel off the layers that make up Ash. I am just dying for his own story to come out.

I reads this book after I read Val's story (which comes after this one of course) and it was great to get a glimpse of my favorite (or at least top three, they are tied) characters in this series.

No comments: