Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fried Modem

Sorry I have been gone. My cable box was hit by lightning and it took the cable company 3 days to get a tech out here. sigh

But now we have a new box (the tech said that it must have taken a direct hit b/c the box was melted and he had to break the cover in pieces to get it open) and new lines running into the house. And more importantly, I can get on line.

Having my Internet torn from me these last few days has been interesting. While I was a little jittery not being able to go to my favorite sites, I found I was not as productive as I thought I would be. I always assumed that the computer sucked me in and that was the reason the laundry did not get done or the bedroom was not dusted.

Nope that is not the case. The reason is still books books books. I read Julia Quinn's latest and that had me pulling out all of her other books for a quick visit and reading.

While the computer certainly takes my attention, my first and deepest love continues to be reading.

No comments: