Sunday, July 27, 2008

Storm Front


This is NOT a new book that I am reviewing. A few years ago Sci Fi ran a show that lasted one season (it may not have even been a complete season) called the Dresden Files. Basically it was about a down and out wizard that was a PI and had some series bad karma. Add a ghost like being and some cops and you had the Dresden Files. I only caught one show but it was intriguing.

Fast forward a few years, and these books have received great reviews. It has been on my list of series I want to try and tonight I read the first one.

I am hooked and I want more more more. Why is it 1:30 at night and the book stores closed? The book starts with Harry seeming like a inept wizard that can not get anything right. He has a bad history with the ruling wizards council, a failing business, no girl in his life, and a small apartment. But thorough out the book, you realize that he has friends, respect and a whole lot of wizardly power that gets quite sexy as the story develops.

I can not wait until I can get the 11 other books on this wizard. There are also links on the authors website for free short stories to download.

This book was very good, an A even if the only romance was a love potion and some misplaced kisses.

No comments: