Sunday, April 6, 2008

Stranger in My Arms


This was a book I was pleasantly surprised with. I am not the biggest fan of historical romances. I loved them when I was a kid, but as I grew older and became stronger as a women, I started to resent the Ton the dresses and honestly how many Earls of Westmoreland could there really be?

But then I found Lisa Kleypas and I found myself enjoying these timepiece stories. I think it is her ability to build her characters and have you rooting for the person in the wrong, hoping that they can turn it around and make it right. In this book, the hero comes back after years abroad and he is a changed man... or is he? Throughout the beginning of the story the reader is kept in the dark. Always wondering is he or is he not the true Hunter? She keeps the reader wondering at the mystery of Hunter, while cheering him on and still wanting to protect the wifes heart. Then the love affair grows and the mystery takes a back seat to the romance building between the characters.

This story was compelling with twist and turns and fantastic characters! The kind I like best.

No comments: