Thursday, April 10, 2008

Grade Explanations

These grades are my opinions. Who am I? I am an avid reader, I read anything and just about everything. I have hundreds of books on my shelf and this blog is a catalog of those books.

Grade D: Is not a rating I give lightly. It is only given to a book that I did not finish. It is uncommon for me not to finish reading a book so this should be given very rarely.

Grade C: This is a book that I did not engage with or enjoy a lot. I did finish it, so it was not horrible, but the chances of reading it again are slim. Usually books that get this are cookie cutter without the added benefit of having good character development.

Grade B: A book with a B rating is somewhat engaging with likable characters. This book will most likely be read again.

Grade A-: Good plot and good characters. This book with definitely be read again.

Grade A: This is a great book, engaging and entertaining. From the beginning the author brought you into the world of the book and did not let you go until the end. This book will be read over and over and over again.

Racy: this is given to book with more explicit content. This is not a pro or con rating, just an FYI for my readers.

Why don't you have a Grade F? Because any author that is published is a talented writer and just because I personally did not enjoy a book does not mean it is a failure.

Why do you talk about reading books again? A good barometer of a book is one that can be read again and still be enjoyed. It is as though the characters in the books become friends and you want to visit them all over. I believe that a book that has been read twice is good and a book that has been read four times is a masterpiece.

No comments: