Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Texas Wildflower


It is not often that I choose not to finish a book. And it is even more rare that I do not finish a book by a favorite author. But that is where I am with Texas Wildflower. I picked it up because it was written by the very talented Susan Wiggs. I snatch up her books faster than I drive, and when I saw this one I just bought it. I did not even read the summary on the back.

When I started to read it, I saw her note in the front that it was a reprint. And I was glad to read her very first book. But the characters were so... unlikable. Really I have no other words to describe my feelings toward Shiloh and Justin. I did not like either one and really REALLY did not like Shiloh. I got about halfway through the book and put it down. A few days later I picked it back up (on the off chance it got better) and after another 25 pages or so, down it went again.

What did you think of this book dear readers? Was it just me?

No comments: