Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blood Brothers

There is something comforting about knowing what to expect each and every time you pick up a book by a certain author. There is no author more dependable than Nora Roberts and this book is no exception.



In this book (and trilogy) she sets the stage in the first few chapters and has all the players (H/H)meet and get to know each other in this first book. Call me old fashioned, but I like each book to be dedicated to the H/H and their character development.

This is another trilogy with a supernatural flair. My all time favorite trilogy with a little 'out of the ordinary' is her Chesapeake series. In this new Sign of the Seven Trilogy she has three couples and an epic battle. Sound familiar? I do not want to sound like the book was no good, I hgave it an B people! Like all her books the writing is fantastic, the dialogue is good and sometimes sassy and the friendships built are endearing.

I think what makes her more recent stores different from Inner Harbor or Enchanted is that the stores are not dedicated to the growing feelings of the characters rather the battle to be fought against evil. And the feeling that I have seen all this before (In the Garden, Key Trilogy, Circle Trilogy...)

So I am giving this book a solid B. It will go on my shelf and in May when the next book comes out will pick it up to see where the characters are going. A nice solid book from an author that you know will always give you what you expect.

No comments: